Required Length: 1,500 words
Marks Allocated: 30%
Individual, report format
Analyse an Australian entrepreneur of your own choice – try not to use Richard Branson or many of the well known one’s usually found in main-stream entreprenuerial textbooks or the ones that have been discussed in subject’s case studies.
- Discuss the background of the entrepreneur (i.e. history, development, family and socio-cultural background) to see what developed his/her entrepreneurial passion and contribute to this person’s success.
- Discuss the characteristics of the entrepreneur.
- Discuss the processes of opportunity recognition and idea development.
- Discuss the type of business developed and the competitive advantage(s) of the business compared to that in the market.
- Discuss future suggestions for the entrepreneur including different types of businesses or avenues (e.g. selling their business) he/she may take.