The local health department is considering a new program for the county. Your supervisor has reminded you that it is important to know your consumers in order to effectively market to them, and has directed you to create a proposal for the new program based on research of your area.
Select only one of the following:
- Smoking cessation program
- Weight loss program
- Senior-themed program
- Community health improvement program
This assignment requires that you conduct research about the actual community where you live. The proposal should contain the information you find in your research, and should include the elements below, in the same order you see below.
Create a two-page proposal and include the following, in the same order you see below:
- Describe the program you selected
- Discuss why you selected that particular program
- Describe the cultural demographics of your community
- Explain the age breakdown of your community
- Describe how cultural and age demographics affect your local health care market
- Identify the major health needs of the community
- Provide a comparison of your community to the national health care market
- Identify local wellness programs and their effects on health care costs
- Make recommendations for ways you would market to your local community
Cite a minimum of two peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references, NOT including the course textbooks.