After the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment, Western Europe became a much more industrialized society. While industrialization improved life in many ways, it also created problems for society. Consider events that took place leading up to the Industrial Revolution and discuss ways that industrialization affected Western Europe (specifically in Great Britain, France and Belgium).
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Introduce your paper and argument.
- Discuss three (3) major aspects of industrialization. In your response, consider society, the economy, and politics.
- Identify three (3) specific groups that were affected by industrialization and provide two examples for each group describing how the group was affected. (Consider issues such as ethnicity, gender, child labor, etc.)
- Summarize how industrialization affected the life of the average worker during this period. Use specific examples and details.
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA style.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.