This week, through our readings and discussion, we have studied the world of the Middle Ages and how information was transmitted across continents from Mongol and Islamic conquests, trade, and other forms of interaction. In addition, we have addressed the following course objectives:
- Identify and critically analyze the influence of society in the Middle Ages upon those that would follow and evolve into nation-states by examining socio-economic, religious, and political influences.
- Comprehend the influences of religion, philosophy, and economics in the development of civilizations during this period that led to the later Western European Renaissance, Reformation, and Colonization.
In your reflection journal this week, in 150 words or more, reflect back on what you have learned so far through the course readings, assignment, quiz/exam, and in our discussion, and how that learning relates to the weekly course objectives.
Consider the following questions to help guide your reflection:
- What, if anything, did you find surprising, particularly challenging, interesting, or useful?
- From what you know about this course so far, what connections can you make to previous learning experiences, and how do you think this course will help you as you move forward in your college and professional life?
- How do the course outcomes for this week apply to your experience so far?
- What questions do you still need answered